Programs » Elementary K-6
The core of our school is our commitment to Elementary education. Our school has a full day program for Kindergarten through Sixth grade. View the following links for more information about our elementary education program:
- Current enrollment of 263 students in grades Nursery through 6th.
- Average class size is 15
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 14 to 1
- Faculty: 17 full-time and 3 part-time Teachers, 1 Administrator, 1 Administrator Assistant, 6 Teacher Aides, Numerous Volunteers
- Curriculum based on Diocesan and New York State Common Core Stndards
- Free Before -School Care available every day beginning at 7:00a.m.
- Extended childcare available every day until 5:30 p.m.
- Full-day Pre-K Program for four year-olds completely integrated with K through 6th education program.
- Tiny Eagles Program for three year-olds.
- Strong parent involvement in the school community through parent participation in the Parent Teacher Association and School Commission.
- Faculty, staff, and parents work together to promote literacy and the enjoyment of reading by promoting participation in Principal's Reading Challenge and Parents As Reading Partners Program. Each academic year students have read over 20,000 books.
- Curricular and Extra-Curricular Activities include: Gym, Computer, Art, Music, Library Instruction, Spanish Classes, School Chorus, Band, Dance & Gymnastics, Karate, Girl Scouts, Basketball, Drama Club, Student Council, and Yearbook Committee.
- School Service Projects include: writing to Parish shut-ins, collecting clothing (hats & mittens) for the needy, supplying non-perishable food items for the Parish Outreach Pantry, Rice Bowl Campaign for the Propagation of Faith, St. Jude's Math-a-thon, and every class raises money for a Non-Profit Organization which the class adopts each year.
- Support services include: ADAPEP Counselor, Dare Program, Social Worker, Psychologist, and Full-time Nurse.
- Tuition Asssistance Available
In June of every year, the State Education Department (SED) releases a report card on public schools in Onondaga and surrounding counties. This is part of the SED's to raise expectations and create initiatives for higher standards in all schools.
The SED does not publish the non-public school statistics, so we have taken this opportunity to share OUR report card with you. Our hope is that the information provided will help you better understand our areas of strength and the areas where improvement is needed.
This report card does not represent the total-picture of our school. It does not measure the dedication and commitment of our teachers, the parental involvement and support, or the Catholic values practiced and taught in our building.
Blessed Sacrament is a Catholic elementary school providing Catholic education to children of families who are registered members of Blessed Sacrament Parish. Non-parishioners and non-Catholics will also be considered for admission if space permits.
To enroll your child(ren), please contact us to get on our waiting list. If your child /children are enrolled in grades K – 6, we also need the Applying Student Profile* form filled out by the school your child/children currently attends.
Your enrollment will be considered on the basis of the following guidelines:
- Parishioners: i.e., children of families who are registered in, attend, and contribute to Blessed Sacrament Parish. (In cases with the same application date, parishioner priority will be based on date of Blessed Sacrament Parish registration.)
- Catholics from parishes without an elementary school: i.e., non-parishioners, who are registered in, attend and contribute to a parish without an elementary school.
- Catholics from parishes with an elementary school: i.e., non-parishioners who are registered in, attend and contribute to a parish with an elementary school.
- Non-Catholics: i.e., children of families of other faiths who desire a Catholic education.
As soon as we receive your application, the school principal will review it. If there is an opening available you will be notified regarding the registration procedure. We will keep these forms on file for a period of one year or until we have completed our re-registration for the following school year.
Additional requirements for registration are as follows:
- Birth and Baptismal records along with proof of immunization are required.
- There is also a non-refundable $50 registration fee each year. This fee is applied to the tuition.
- For Kindergarten enrollment, students must be five by December 1st. No early entrants will be accepted.
The fees below are for the 2017-2018 school year:
$4800- First Child in K through 6th grade
$4550- Second Child in K through 6th grade
$4300- Third Child in K through 6th grade
$5750 - Non-affiliate rate for each child. This rate is also charged to Catholics not registered and contributing members of a Parish
$25 per child Activity Fee
Tuition and rates for the students are established by the Onondaga County Catholic School Board and are subject to change from year to year. There is a non- refundable registration fee of $50 per family. All parents are required to sign a tuition agreement before their children may be enrolled at Blessed Sacrament School All tuition must be paid to the tuition office in accordance with the schedule contained in the tuition agreement. The school reserves the right to decline to enroll a student for subsequent semesters until such payments are made or an alternate agreement is reached with respect to such payment.
A tuition assistance program is available through the Diocese Hope Appeal Program to aid families in financial need. Applications must be made in the Spring prior to the school year and forms are available in the school office.